Friday, May 11, 2007

11.May.2007 15:47
I do not have the exact figures of the UP polls, but all I can read in between the lines is that its a fantastic victory for the BSP. I dont know if it could be termed a cakewalk. To me it is, in sense of the results, but in terms of the sheer campaigning effort it is no means a cakewalk . Call it caste politics, an incumbent government or a coup, it dosent undermine the vote of the general public.
This is our politics. We endlessely elect the same people by a mere juggling act. This may be an oversimplification of the larger picture, but it drives home the simple point that "Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Unlike when I wrote in my previous piece about the Indian cricket team and my foresight of them demolishing Bangladesh, it turned out that we were dealt with in the opposite manner. It was just the brainy Kartik and a controlled Dhoni who saved us the blushes. Hats off to both of 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home